Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8841 SIP Phone adding leading 9 on external calls

Hi,

We have recently began deploying 8841 model phones using SIP.  However, we have noticed the following:

With the phone on-hook, when calling an external 10-digit number with a leading 9 for external access, the en bloc call then adds another leading 9 and the call fails

But, if the phone goes off hook with dial tone, and you dial the same number, it routes properly and does not add another 9 to the number (I imagine digit by digit analysis is occurring in this situation) 

I thought it may be Application Dial Rule as we add a leading 9 for Jabber clients so they don't have to input it but they don't seem to have an effect.

CUCM is version 9.1.2

Any thoughts where I should look? 

Thank you for your time and help.

6 Replies 6

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Vince ,

Can you attach CCM traces for working and non working calls.thanks

Thank you both for your responses.  I will certainly run some traces, any particular options you'd like me to select for the trace or simply select Call Manager?

No the phone isn't under CTI control from Jabber when this is occurring

Hi Vince,

if you are not able to find anything in your dial plan also check for application dial rule because 88xx can also match that see below for details.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8800-series/english/11-0-1/releasenotes/p881_b_cisco-ip-phone-8800-series.html#reference_97D3190A85DF8235C48A77AF0B680915

We have an enhancement opened for disable the feature if not required.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCux73933/?reffering_site=dumpcr

HTH

JB

My co-worker found a fix for this:

On the SIP profile that the phone is using, change the Dial String Interpretation field  to “Phone number consists of characters 0-9, A-D,*, #, and +”

It was previously set to “Phone number consists of characters 0-9, *, #, and +”

I thought I should share this fix in case anyone else runs into a similar problem.

Thank you everyone for your responses, I appreciate it.

In CUCM serviceability set the trace level to detailed and check all the trace options.thanks

Tristan Cober
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Vince,

Would love to see the CM service traces. Is this phone under CTI control from Jabber at the time this is occurring?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: