Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8841 VoIP Phone - SIP Use

helpdesk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All.

I'm a person who like a branded device, so Cisco was the brand for me to use for phones. However I do seem to have some problems that I can't get round and have a few questions. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for replying now as if this thread gets long you might not see my reply.

Firstly, I have a Cisco 8841 phone. These look like a cracking bit of kit. I wanted to use this phone with our SIP provider. I have managed to connect it to our provider but can only make outgoing calls, never get any incoming. When I try to call the phone it sometimes rings then goes to answerphone and other times straight to answerphone. At no point does the phone ring?

I have looked all over the internet and have not found a fully working config for this phone. I'm using a TFTP server to upload the files to the phone. The key things I would like to get working are:

1. Accept incoming calls

2. Show the status of another extension

3. Get a dial plan that allows me to dial 1000 without it thinking I have made an error.

Once again any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Can you provide us more info like:

- where you have registered the phone ?

- By "Show the status of another extension", you mean to see the presence status of another extension ?

- What is this number 1000  and what happens when you dial it now and what is the expected behavior?

Thanks

Rajan