Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8861 Incorrect Time

abraham.assadi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We recently switched to Microsoft Teams as a calling service. We had to factory reset all of our Cisco 8861 phones to add in the Microsoft provisioning server. Everything is working on the phones except for the time at the top. When we first boot up the phone, it displays the correct time, then within a second or so, it jumps ahead 6 hours.

We've tried different NTP servers. We tried setting the time zone to GMT-6 (Texas time), and GMT, and many others. No matter what we set, it always jumps ahead. Has anyone run into this and have suggestions to fix?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have resolved the issue. In the Voice --> Regional settings on the phone web config page, turning on the ignore DHCP time offset, setting GMT to -5 (we are in Dallas, TX) and setting the following DST rule fixes it: start=3/-1/7/2;end=10/-1/7/2;save=1

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

hi there

When you say you configured time, I assume its within the date/Time groups in the device pool that phones resides.

Also try upgrading one phone firmware and give a shot

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution"***

We are configuring them via the IP address of the phone in the browser. We do not have CUCM. 

I'm logging in as admin --> advanced, then going to the Voice menu, then Regional, then adjusting the settings in the "Time" section.

We are using MPP 11 3 3. We upgraded from 11.1.1 and the issue was still present.

Hi there

check this out and the workaround suggested.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/8851-phone-time-incorrect/td-p/3205881

Also there are some time stamp bugs with 11.3 MPP

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwa70820

Known fixed versions are

• 11.3(07)MPP1.28
    11.3(06)MPP1.273
    11.3(06)MPP1.269

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution"***

I have resolved the issue. In the Voice --> Regional settings on the phone web config page, turning on the ignore DHCP time offset, setting GMT to -5 (we are in Dallas, TX) and setting the following DST rule fixes it: start=3/-1/7/2;end=10/-1/7/2;save=1