Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 8945 SCCP and 9971 SIP phone

Vibha Verma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We notice in our cluster that, some 8945 sccp phones do not give MWI (LED as well as on screen) and also 9971 do not give MWI.

Voicemail comes from cisco unity connection..

And phones are registered on CUCM.

Some 8945 even show DND key status when pressed, but some 8945 do not.

Main issue is with MWI.

Has anyone experienced it before that you get voicemial but you dont get to se eit but evrytym  you have to check by pressing messages button if you have new messages or not.

I even tried to delete user from cisco unity connection and readding it, but no luck.

Regards

Vibha

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Looks like a CSS issue the. Check the partition of MWI numbers and make sure its accessible from phones/voice mail ports.

-Terry

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Confirm if you can dial MWI on/off number from the affected phones and MWI turns on/off. If you can then try restarting the connection notifier service from Connection serviceability page.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

Hi

thanks for your reply.

But I am not able to dial the MWI on/off numbers from my extension. Although the partition is accessible from my phones CSS.

It gives a busy tone.

Thanks and regards

Vibha

Looks like a CSS issue the. Check the partition of MWI numbers and make sure its accessible from phones/voice mail ports.

-Terry

Vibha Verma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

the CSS of MWI did not have the phone partition in it.

I added it and now MWI numbers are dialble as well as they show as vm alerts on all phones.

Thanks

Ok Vibha glad your issue is resolved.

See you around.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts.