Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9971 Call Pickup and sluggish performance

Hi,

I have 40 9971 Installed on CME 9.1 on a 2921 ISR, I have faced so many problems some were fixed and some are still trying to find a solution for it.

Note that I am running: c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.152-4.M3.bin and the phones are running SIP9971.9-3-1-33 loads.

1. The phones sometimes don't dial out unless i click on new call softkey, a reboot fixes the problem temp, the problem happend very often on the 9.3.2 firmware for the phones, and that is why i had to revert back to 9.3.1.. I just noticed 9.3.2 (SR1) just been released .. will try it and update.

2. When I dial an extension say 227, then press the speaker phone button I can read the extn number on the screen as 227 but if I pick up the handset and dial 227 it shows ony number 2 on the screen, trying 301 will show only digit 3 and so on (Couldn't find a fix)

3. Call pickup on the 9971, I noticed that the softkey template doesn't apply which is really annoying, there is space for a pickup button on the softkeys but I had to use feature buttons and use one of the left side key for call pickup, still it doesn't work when I press it..

voice register dn  2

number 254

allow watch

pickup-call any-group

pickup-group 3

name James Keen

huntstop

no-reg

label James Keen

voice register pool  2

id mac xxxx.xxxx.xxxx

type 9971

number 1 dn 2

presence call-list

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

username jamesk password pa$$word

codec g711ulaw

no vad

telephony-service

no auto-reg-ephone

xml user axl-user password axl-user 15

max-ephones 30

max-dn 100 no-reg

ip source-address 10.10.20.254 port 2000

calling-number initiator

service phone webAccess 0

service directed-pickup gpickup

timeouts ringing 20

system message System Label

url authentication http://10.10.20.254/CCMCIP/authenticate.asp axl-user axl-user

cnf-file location flash:

network-locale GB

time-format 24

date-format dd-mm-yy

voicemail 300

max-conferences 12 gain -6

call-park system application

call-forward pattern .T

call-forward system redirecting-expanded

moh "music-on-hold.au"

multicast moh 239.1.1.1 port 2000

web admin system name admin password admin

dn-webedit

time-webedit

transfer-system full-consult

transfer-pattern ...

log password axl-user

secondary-dialtone 9

directory entry 1 227 name Reception

fac standard

create cnf-files version-stamp 7960 Jan 30 2013 00:30:52

voice register global

mode cme

source-address 10.10.20.254 port 5060

max-dn 100

max-pool 60

load 9971 sip9971.9-3-1-33

authenticate register

authenticate realm all

timezone 21

date-format D/M/Y

voicemail 300

url authentication http://10.10.20.254/CCMCIP/authenticate.asp

tftp-path flash:

file text

create profile sync 0130127228040228

So please anyone ... help me with the call pickup .. it is driving me mad.

1 Reply 1

Tony Musorafite
Level 1
Level 1

Haytham,

We are running over a thousand 9951's here (and about a dozen 9971s) and have experienced some of the issues you called out. We don't use the call pickup feature in our templates.

This is what I can help with:

*9.3.2SR1 has a fix in it that reduces the timer delays for the right side off hook buttons, there was a sizeable delay built in (to the right side buttons specifically) to give the display time to refresh but this caused other issues, such as a lag when picking up calls, additional lines, etc. This fix is specific to the 5 or 6 buttons on the right side of the screen. They should respond faster with 9.3.2SR1 and your users should be able to pickup and hang up calls faster. (you might want to try assigning your call pickup key to a different button to see if you get a faster result, the timers appear to be specific to each key )

* We are still experiencing a missing digits problem. I can't offer you much except for several years of running around chasing a qhost, quite a few tac cases and nothing really specific. In our case, there is ALWAYS an audio tone but sometime it's won't display the digit and not complete the call. If your customers report difficult with dialing, or having to redial a lot, they might be affected by this.

* 9.3.2SR1 has a fix for phantoms lines, occasionally the phone will end up with a call on it, that you can't pick up or disconnect without rebooting the phone. This has been resolved in 9.3.2SR1

Tony