Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Agents through VPN or MRA

NetExprt
Level 1
Level 1

Dears ,

we have around 20 CCX agents that using finnese and desk phone with extension mobility

currently all agents instructed to work from home and we have installed jabber on their samrtphone .

is this solution is workable so they can received agent calls to jabber in smartphone(MRA) ?

is there any other option?

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What version is your CUCM and CCX?

If versions are adequate then yes, but keep in mind that CCX does not support shared lines and since extension mobility is not available on Jabber you would need separate agents provisioned for when the users use Jabber vs. when they use another device i.e. a phone, since the agent needs to be tied to the extension. 

Thanks Chris for your response.

I asked all agents to keep logged in desk phones and configure cisco jabber for smart phone for all agents with same account and extensions.

all incoming calls ring desk phone as well as jabber client. 

it goes more smoothly than I expected.

Great to hear, good luck.

Chris

Hi,

I have the similar requirement, moved 2 of my agents to some other location and they are connected over the VPN and logging through jabber from PCs while their Desk Phones remains in the old location. Now the issue is when they attend call in Jabber, Agents on the old location can listen that conversation from that Desk Phone.

Could you please help me to fix that issue

Regards

Kalsam

Shared extensions are not supported as agent extensions and you would either need to use extension mobility which does not work with Jabber so IPC would be only option or use different extension on Jabber device, which if you have UCCX would require separate agent altogether.

Ok, So what could be the Solution than.. i want Agents login over VPN..