Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ATA190 on analog door intercom system (Telegärtner) - voltage drop off

C1_SCO
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

I have a problem with an ATA190, which is connected to an analog door intercom system (Telegärtner Doorline Classic, which is basically an analog phone with a big speaker).

When using a regular analog phone, the voltage on the voice port is OK (9.x Volt), but when the door intercom system is connected, the voltage will drop down to 5.x Volt and there are issues (voice cutting out, one-way audio etc.)

Telegärtner support has told me that the door intercom would need at least 25mA of current to function properly. Does the ATA190 have the capability to provide this much current? Would a "bigger" VG202 or VG310 be better suited? Or is there any way to set the ATA190 up in order to accomodate this door intercom system?

Please help!

Thank you!

2 Replies 2

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,
Looking at the mannual.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cata/190/1_0/english/administration/guide/sip/ATA190/a190_agCspc.html

Go to table A5 -- seems to suggest 24mA.
You need to research other ATAs & G/ways

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

C1_SCO
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Alex,

I have already seen this and looked the thing up to a VG310. Guess what? No change!

I have even set the loop length to long and enabled cm-current-enhance, but the electrician says he can only measure 6.9 volts.

I will update this thread if I have any additional info, but to be honest, there is not much I can think of now.