cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

(Cisco call manager 12.5.1 , IP-Phone model 7841)

Mo-salah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have the following query....

Need to add one IP-Panic Button Device with cisco IP system , when press the panic button it will call one 7841-IP Phone .

The panic button is supported with peer to peer technique , my query how to add this option to 7841IP Phone?

or My query If we have any method to do this option from the cisco call manager ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Some questions here.

Did you associate the device to end users you created?

On Device’s Directory Number, did you associate the end user?

On the device did you select the right digest user?

Have you added a basic or advanced third party SIP device?

on the Viking use the defined username on CUCM’s End User page as Authentication ID instead of username and use the Directory Number as username as it uses Authentication ID as Authorization Username in SIP  Register Message to CUCM.

Please let me know

Regards

HTH

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Mo-salah wrote:
The panic button is supported with peer to peer technique

This is not useful. 

Does the panic button support SIP or not?

Thanks Leo Laohoo ,

The Panic Button brand is Viking is supported SIP 

When connected peer to peer with Grandstream IP-Phone brand working fine , But when connected with Cisco is not working and return back to VILING support team ,they advice me to check with Cisco maybe need change setting inside phone itself or can control in the cisco call manager.

@Carlo Poggiarelli is correct.  Register it as a 3rd party end point into CUCM and configure hotline.  When someone presses the button, the panic-button will ring only one number.  

In CUCM, make sure to give the correct description to the extension number.  

The Viking PB-3-IP Panic Button is essentially a SIP endpoint. As others have mentioned, you should be able to register the device on Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) as a third-party endpoint and make use of it. The VoIP SIP System Compatibility List has also mentioned CUCM as a compatible system.

NithinEluvathingal_0-1701657523975.png

https://vikingtelecomsolutions.com/products/viking-pb-3-ip-voip-panic-button-with-user-recorded-id-message

The connection will be as mentioned below.

NithinEluvathingal_1-1701658669107.png

You should be able to configure the SIP settings from the Viking IP Programming application. Provide the SIP server as CUCM and use the user you created in CUCM.

NithinEluvathingal_2-1701658701441.png

The process of configuring a third-party phone on Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) has been described in the link that Carlo shared. Please refer to that resource for detailed instructions and guidance.

Response Signature

Hi,

I read the specs of Viking panic button and you can register it as third party phone on CUCM and then define Emergency Numbers to call when the button is pressed.

Here how to register a third party SIP phone 

https://www.google.com/gasearch?q=register%20third%20party%20sip%20phone%20cucm&shem=rimc&source=sh/x/gs/m2/5

HTH

Carlo

Mo-salah
Level 1
Level 1

Thank You For Your Support 

sorry for late on reply 

Already we Try add the unit as third party in CUCM , but still not registered may be need add additional setting to Viking software itself

these snapshots for the setting now in Viking, For your help for change to can register in CUCM

Mosalah_1-1701883953078.pngMosalah_2-1701883971119.pngMosalah_3-1701883980391.pngMosalah_4-1701883989137.png

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Some questions here.

Did you associate the device to end users you created?

On Device’s Directory Number, did you associate the end user?

On the device did you select the right digest user?

Have you added a basic or advanced third party SIP device?

on the Viking use the defined username on CUCM’s End User page as Authentication ID instead of username and use the Directory Number as username as it uses Authentication ID as Authorization Username in SIP  Register Message to CUCM.

Please let me know

Regards

HTH

Carlo

Thanks a lot for your support  , it was useful for me with appreciation 

The Viking panic is registered now and can do emergency panic call with 2 below notes to our current system now

Note 1 : when press panic button from any extension internal number in same switch it can ring and open voice channel between Viking panic button and the Extension when open the handset ,  but when call extension number with different switch in another city Viking can call only the extension and when the person open the handset the call ended and can not receive voice . This case is normal ?

Note 2 : If we have any option to connect one big Screen to our control room connected to Cisco CUMC to receive and call coming from all Viking Panic buttons (Expected 100 Viking Panic buttons will call control room when have any emergency issue , our client need the guard officer received the call in external big screen not with normal extension IP-PHONE)

With Appreciation 

Hi ,

Glad to hear that helped.

Now..

For Note 1 you need to look into viking’s settings to see what codec are selected. Also check if the other city’s phone are registered to the CUCM within another device pool and consequent different Regions.

For Note 2 you could act as for the Viking and check if screes have a sip client onboard so you can register it to the CUCM as third party client.

If you want simultaneous ring on more extension, you need to create a Line Group, Than Hunt List and last a Hunt Pilot with a number to be reached by panic button.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Mo-salah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Carlo, 

Already I discussed with Viking and they suggest to use Softphone

Need support for which softphone can register as Third-party with CUCM and install it with Windows PC connect with big 60inch PC monitor.

Hi,

Cisco CUMC supports all SIP soft phones using SIP standard but if you have access to Cisco Software portal ( software.cisco.com) and you have enough licenses on CUCM, I suggest you to install Cisco Jabber for Windows and install it in “Phone only “ mode.

Here how to deploy  it 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/jabber-windows/116446-technote-product-00.html#anc5

…and here is the link to download it.

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/284324806/type/284006014/release/14.2(0)

HTH

Regards

Carlo