Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Call Manager 7.1.3 LDAP integration Lotus Domino

m-laing
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I installed Cisco Unified Communication Manager 7.1.3 and added all end-users to the system. I would like to Integrate using LDAP with Lotus Domino which is a LDAP server. Do you have a guide which outlines the step for this integration?

Once I synchronize the database on Call Manager with Domino LDAP server will the users be dis-associated with their phones?

what is the impact on the already configured system?

How do I mitigate if there ie an impact?

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

These are the only LDAPs supported

Table 17-2     LDAP Directory Support

LDAP Directory Type
Cisco Unified CM 5.x
Cisco Unified CM 6.x
Cisco Unified CM 7.x

Microsoft AD 2000
Microsoft AD 2003
Microsoft AD 2008
Microsoft  ADAM 2003
Microsoft LDS 2008

Yes

Yes

Yes

Cisco Unified CM 7.1(3) or later release is required for Microsoft ADAM  and LDS.

Netscape 4.x

Yes

Yes

No longer supported1

iPlanet 5.0

Yes

Yes

No longer supported1

iPlanet 5.1

SunOne 5.2

Yes

Yes

Yes

SunOne 6.x

No

Yes

Yes

OpenLDAP 2.3.39
OpenLDAP 2.4

No

No

Yes2

1 The directory vendor indicates that this solution has reached End  of Life.

2 This directory type is supported only with Cisco  Unified CM 7.1(2) and later releases.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

m-laing
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Based on the supported LDAP Servers, Lotus Domino is not listed, does that mean it is not supported?

Or will it fall under the category of OPenLDAP?

No, OpenLDAP is it's own category/LDAP product.  However, you may look into the possibility of replicating your Lotus Domino information using an OpenLDAP solution.  I'm not sure if this would be a viable option but it may be worth researching.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

I believe some people have tried the integration using openLDAP as option, but this has not been tested and is not supported by Cisco.

You're free to give it a try.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks team for the information.

Are you saying that some persons have used OpenLDAP as the LDAP server type however LDAP server is  really Lotus Domino?

Yeah, I think Java is saying that you can try to integrate with Lotus by faking out the CUCM server and choose OpenLDAP as the source.  However, it's not guaranteed to work as it's not tested or supported by Cisco.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Indeed. I found reference to some cases where they tried this, but most of them just ended telling they would work this out with their Domino engineer, so I cannot confirm if they ever got this working.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: