Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CME SIP trunk: Unable to match dial peer on inbound call

n.zernov21
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I have set up CME and CUBE on ISR4331 and connected SIP trunk from telco provider. Outbound calls are working fine, but I can't setup dialpeer to match incoming calls and forward to connected IP phone. Dialpeer is set up as follows:

dial-peer voice 380 voip
 translation-profile incoming IN
 destination-pattern +38..........
 session protocol sipv2
 session target dns:sip.zadarma.com
 voice-class codec 1  
 voice-class sip dtmf-relay force rtp-nte
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte
 clid network-number 310405

voice translation-rule 10
 rule 1 /.*/ /10/
!
!
voice translation-profile IN
 translate called 10

10 from translation rule is internal number.

Attached debug logs. Looks like communication with provider is stuck on SIP INVITE during incoming call from it.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

It’s not really recommended to use destination number to match an inbound dial peer. And if you were to use that it doesn’t use DNIS, it used ANI. See this document for more information on how call routing works in IOS. Explain Cisco IOS and IOS XE Call Routing 

It would be recommended to use information in the VIA header to match your inbound dial peer. Also an inbound dial peer doesn’t use a session target, that’s an outbound configuration element.

Response Signature

Hello and thank you for the response.

Yeah, it's definitely not the best idea to match inbound call using destination-pattern. I'm now matching it using incoming called-number. However this didn't help.

I have noticed in logs that it does not even try to do dial peer match. So..... I figured out that whitelist of incoming SIP servers is mandatory config option:

voice service voip
 ip address trusted list
  ipv4 185.45.152.0 255.255.255.0

Now it works. 

That’s great. It is needed to allow any IP to communicate that is not explicitly defined as a destination in an outbound dial peer as that would automatically be allowed to communicate.

On the match, it’s not recommended to use that either, as I wrote in my initial reply use of the VIA header is the best option.

Response Signature