cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CME SIP Trunk w/ SIP Phones trying to register to trunk

David Emswiler
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to switch my Cisco CME from Pots lines to a SIP Trunk from Broadvox. After some trial and error I am able to make and receive calls with excellent two way audio. Broadvox is saying that they are receiving register messages from the phones themselves and not just the CME.

To: <sip:212@XXX.broadvox.net>

CSeq: 2371 REGISTER

I had previously had trouble with one way audio, inside phones could hear outside phone audio but not the other direction. I was able to acheive two way audio by removing:

bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0.10

bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0.10

I am also having a problem now that I can no longer reach my Exchange 2010 UM on extensions 800 or 801 ip 10.10.10.10.

Am I binding SIP incorrectly? Do I need to configure a loopback and bind to that?      

2 Replies 2

shaun.johnson
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is an old topic but I was struggling with the same issue and just fixed the issue.

on the ephone-dn after the number add noreg.

You don't want the sccp phones trying to register with the sip trunk provider. It was causing all sorts of sip errors and oddities for example my phones kept ringing after the calling party hung up with no answer. I was still getting the 487 cancel message.

ephone-dn  1  dual-line

number 102 no-reg both

I was able to find a partial solution from another forum.

All but one of my phones are SIP not SCCP.  Those are the extensions that are trying to register with the Trunk.

After adding binding to the dial-peers and fixing the typo in the Exchange dial peer (ipv4:10.10.10.10 instead of dns:10.10.10.10) I am able to call out and in with two way audio and connect to Exchange. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/sip/configuration/12-4t/Configuring_SIP_Bind_Features.html

The SIP extensions are still trying to register with the trunk and I am having trouble with my extension 210 losing and reregistering every few minutes.