cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CP8851 Paging with 3CX

betaNaN
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco CP-8851 with a 3CX PBX that I configured using a SEP file with TFTP.

I'm trying to get a workaround method for paging without using CUCM. I'm looking for a method to, when a phone receives a call from a specific extension, automatically answers it with the speakerphone.

The Cisco Cp-8851 is on extension 1000. The paging extension, or the extension I want to have it to automatically answer, is 2000. (If the call is from ext. 2000, it will automatically answer on speakerphone).

My default configuration generated by 3CX looks like this (without modification):

<line button="2">
         <featureID>9</featureID>
          <featureLabel>Demonstration User</featureLabel>
          <proxy>USECALLMANAGER</proxy>
          <port>5060</port>
          <name>1000</name>
          <displayName>Demonstration User</displayName>
          <autoAnswer>
            <autoAnswerEnabled>2</autoAnswerEnabled>
          </autoAnswer>
          <callWaiting>3</callWaiting>
          <authName>username</authName>
          <authPassword>password</authPassword>
          <sharedLine>false</sharedLine>
          <messageWaitingLampPolicy>1</messageWaitingLampPolicy>
          <messagesNumber>9999</messagesNumber>
          <ringSettingIdle>4</ringSettingIdle>
          <ringSettingActive>5</ringSettingActive>
          <contact>1000</contact>
          <forwardCallInfoDisplay>
            <callerName>true</callerName>
            <callerNumber>false</callerNumber>
            <redirectedNumber>false</redirectedNumber>
            <dialedNumber>true</dialedNumber>
          </forwardCallInfoDisplay>
      </line>

I edited the 'autoanswer' content as well as the contact/name fields here. This is the modified SEP file:

<line button="2">
         <featureID>9</featureID>
          <featureLabel>Paging</featureLabel>
          <proxy>USECALLMANAGER</proxy>
          <port>5060</port>
          <name>2000</name>
          <displayName>Paging</displayName>
          <autoAnswer>
            <autoAnswerEnabled>1</autoAnswerEnabled>
<autoAnswerMode>Auto Answer with Speakerphone</autoAnswerMode> </autoAnswer> <callWaiting>3</callWaiting> <authName>username</authName> <authPassword>password</authPassword> <sharedLine>false</sharedLine> <messageWaitingLampPolicy>1</messageWaitingLampPolicy> <messagesNumber>9999</messagesNumber> <ringSettingIdle>4</ringSettingIdle> <ringSettingActive>5</ringSettingActive> <contact>2000</contact> <forwardCallInfoDisplay> <callerName>true</callerName> <callerNumber>false</callerNumber> <redirectedNumber>false</redirectedNumber> <dialedNumber>true</dialedNumber> </forwardCallInfoDisplay> </line>

Whenever I try to upload the SEPMAC file to the phone, it states that the telephone service cannot be connected to at this time. If I leave the contact field to 1000 instead of 2000, the phone accepts the SEP configuration. However, in that case, any calls from 2000 to 1000 (this phone) do not automatically answer.

How can I automatically answer calls from extension 2000 on my CP-8851 (whose extension is 1000)?

0 Replies 0