Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Cube / ISP inbound call issue

Neil Sheridan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I've recently implemented a CUCM/CUC solution. CUCM works as expected internally and I have just had a SIP Trunk provided by our ISP.

The trunk is active and I can make inbound calls, but this is where it gets weird. The number range provided by the ISP is xxxxxx25 - 34.

If I do NOT configure an internal DN for 225 no calls for any configured extension are possible. IF however I do configure my extension for 225 I can receive the call, BUT! ALL inbound calls are routed to my extension..

XXXXXXX25 > goes to my extension of 225

XXXXXXX30 > goes to my extension of 225..

I have attached the CUBE config (provided by the ISP) a ccsip message log snippet and a ccapi inout snippet.

Router (CUBE) is a ISR 2901 15.6.(3).m2

CUCM is 11.5.1.12900-21

I would really appreciate some assistance on this as it's beyond my CCNAV, I suspect it's an ISP issue, but would value your input before I hand it to them.

Regards 

4 Replies 4

pankajbhosale
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there any translation pattern configured in CUCM ?

Translation pattern on CUBE is not used.

The reason to be so sure is your CCAPI logs which says that inbound dial peer 10 is used

Bye

Hi,

No, nothing on CUCM, dial peer 10 is on the CUBE...

Looking at the ccsip messages debug all I see is sip:225@ irrespective of the any extension dialed.

Neil Sheridan
Level 1
Level 1

I've just dialed a 234 extension and the screenshot from the ccapi debug shows a "called number of 225"

Neil Sheridan
Level 1
Level 1

I managed to nut out the issue. Thank god for debugs :)

I only had one credential added to the sip trunk (25) after adding more credentials to the sip-ua section I could then dial the internal numbers as expected.

My next question is....Is there a wildcard or mask I can use to specify a range? or is this an ITSP thing?

N