Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Communicator & Cisco Jabber support MOS on cdr

Chi Fai Leung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to check the MOS cdr on some IP Communicator, but that is nothing to show on CallManager's CDR. Is it not support on CIPC?

How about the Cisco Jabber support MOS also?

5 Replies 5

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You should be able to see this information in CDR/CMR. If you do a CDR search for the number you need to  check, you will see a table of records for each call. From there at the end of each row you should be see packets dropped etc and to get MOS click on View under CDR - CMR dump.

It should show you the required info as per below, look for varVQMetrics:

To understand the field values refer here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/7_0_1/cdr-defs/cdradmin/cdrkfact.html#wpxref20935

MLQK

MOS LQK

MOS Listening Quality K-factor provides an estimate of the MOS score of the last 8 seconds of speech on the reception signal path.

MLQKmn

Min MOS LQK

MOS Listening Quality K-factor Min represents the minimum score that is observed since the beginning of a call and represents the worst sounding 8-second interval.

MLQKmx

Max MOS LQK

MOS Listening Quality K-factor Max represents the maximum score that is observed since the beginning of a call and represents the best sounding 8-second interval.

MLQKav

Avg MOS LQK

MOS Listening Quality K-factor Avg8 represents the running average of scores that are observed since the beginning of a call.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

Hi Terry,

I tested from CIPC call to IP-Phone, that can show the MOS on IP-Phone, but cannot show the CIPC.

But you can see it on CMR which you was looking for. 

I dont remember CIPC displaying MOS. This calculation is done by phone firmware while CIPC is software.

I don't think so, because I made the call from CIPC to IP-Phone .... then the MOS of SourceCMR is 0.0000 ... none to show

Hi,

Just adding on what Terry did mention below, CIPC and Jabber support MOS. Gateways and CUBE don't support MOS. Therefore, for a PSTN or ITSP call you will see MOS score (and other QoS parameters) on one call leg but not the other.

You can see the same details in real time on the phone itself by hitting the help button "?" twice.