Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone 7941 - Unable to configure

Hari Kumar Raja
Level 1
Level 1

HI all,

I got a phone Cisco 7941 from one of my friend , when i powerd on the phone its displaying the mac and went to upgrading , after that i am able to see Cisco icon in screen and no options are working in my phone , i am able to ping the IP phone with IP address .can any one help me how to configure this phone .

i am a new user for IP phones.

Please help me on this to fix

Thanks in advance

Hari

5 Replies 5

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did the phone download and install new firmware?  If so you have an option 150 TFTP IP address configured either manually or via DHCP.  What are you using for call control, call manager or call manager express?

The IP Address was assigned by DHCP , and the phone ip address was 10.10.32.21 , do i need to change the IP address of the phone to 10.10.32.150 . i have my laptop configured with TFTP server . but i am confused on firmware version, can you please suggest me a link that i can download the correct firemware.

Thanks

Hari

on a diffrent note , i dont have any call manager at my site , i want to use this phone configuing with my Trixbox extensions or with SIP accounts.

Hari

Hi Joe ,

ia there any update for me on this.

Thanks

Hari

No you don't have to change the phone's IP address as long as it has connectivity to your TFTP server which is your laptop.  You can get the latest firmware from cisco.com (requires a valid support contract to download).  Then to start working on getting the phone registered to your trixbox, check out this site:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+phone+cisco+79x1+xml+configuration+files+for+SIP.  You'll have to create a custom TFTP file for the phone with your customized settings.