cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone 8851 on CME 10.5 - Enable the Call History Display Enhancement

4smacon
Level 1
Level 1

Folks, I have 8851 phones configured on CME 10.5 using latest firmware, 10-2-2.  For the Call History, the "Recents" button isn't showing and apparently, according to the Admin Guide for the phone on CUCM, this feature is disabled by default. See below.

However, this isn't possible via CME. I have attempted to go into the Admin Settings on the phone itself to see if I can enable it there, but the Admin settings is prompting me for a password. Now, for the Catch-22 - I don't know the password, and for the password configuration it states again for CUCM, that this is controlled via the Common Phone Profile for the phone. (I feel like a dog chasing his tail here>>>>>)  Anyone using this phone on CME and have faced these similar struggles?

Enable the Call History Display Enhancement

Procedure
    Step 1  Go to Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration and choose Device > Phone.
    Step 2  Find your phone from the list of phones associated with the Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
    Step 3  Click on the Device Name of the phone.

The Phone Configuration window appears.

Step 4  Go to Product Specific Configuration Layout area and from the Logging Display drop-down list box, choose Enable.

The Disabled option is selected by default.

Parameters that you set in the Product Specific Configuration area may also appear in the Device Configuration window for various devices and in the Enterprise Phone Configuration window.

If you set these same parameters in these other windows as well, the setting that takes precedence is determined in the following order:
    1. Device Configuration window settings

2. Common Phone Profile window settings

3. Enterprise Phone Configuration window settings

1 Reply 1

4smacon
    Level 1
    Level 1

So, just an update - this is resolved by adding the reference type 9951 under the voice register pool type 8851.

Thanks!