cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone 8851 Registration issue.

wknutson
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new Cisco 8851 phone that wont register.  I am running CUCM 8.6.2.23900-10.  I have installed the device pack cmterm-devicepack8.6.2.26169-1.cop.sgn.  I have provisioned the device, added the extensions and it display's "Phone is Registering".

The phone has an IP from our voice vlan and it is connected to the TFTP server.  The phone is on firmware sip88xx.10-3-1-20.

What am I missing?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Perfect. Please markthe question as answered and remember to rate useful posts 

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Clear the CTL file from it, (by resetting the device to Reset Security Settings) and see if it solves the issue

HTH

I reset all settings on the phone and it still wont register with the Call Manager.

did you perform server reboot after installing the device pack? if not then pls do that.

if yes then what do you see in status message setting->status->message and is t auto or manual registration.

-Venkatesh,

I have auto registration setup but I have manually added this device.  After installing the device pack I restarted the TFTP service.  I have not rebooted the Call Manager servers.  I will do this tonight and let you know tomorrow the results.  Thanks!!

Also, make sure that devicepack is installed on all servers in CUCM cluster

I rebooted the Pub and Sub and that resolved my issue.  I have the Cisco 8851 registered with my CUCM.

Thanks for the excellent advice!

Perfect. Please markthe question as answered and remember to rate useful posts 

Perfect? So what's the solution?