cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone is it possible to attach a buzzer, bell or bulb?

Hello

Are you aware of any product / device that can be connected to the Cisco 7911 phones and will be provide a visual display when a call comes in.   The phone is in a noisy area and the ring tone is not loud enough to be heard.

I was thinking more like a visual display or a light bulb that could be fitted on the wall.  The location of the phone is slightly hidden away in a noisy environment. 

Thanks

Jason

6 Replies 6

DerekM
Level 1
Level 1

Yes you can get SIP devices which can I believe have up to 6 directory numbers configured with different tones you configure. You just put in your normal LAN environment and configure as a SIP device with the directory number you want to ring. They are both audible and visual.

Thanks Derek

I think I understand you. But perhaps you could clarify. I could add these devices to the network and register them to a call manager. Does that mean these devices have addresses on the network like a Cisco IP phone?

The Cisco IP phone or group would have a directory number, so configure a SIP alarm with the same directory so it rings when a call is made. 1 session goes to the IP phone another to the speaker at the same time.

The user see the visual/audible alarm and goes to the phone, picks up and the session between the two phones is made. The alarm stops.

Does the callmanager need a license to add non Cisco devices?

Is configuration needed on the SIP device or just a IP address?

Many Thanks

Jason

Hi Jason

Sorry but I can not remember the exact product I acquired for my last role, but basically it was a SIP device that gets registered in cucm as a SIP device and you have a number of directory lines you can add, and once your add these lines in this SIP device it basically is just like a shared line on the phone that you want to have a alarm. The actual physical device was for a factory environment where it was noisy and phones were in a separate office, so when the phone rang in the office, this SIP device which was attached to a wall would sound (you can choose different sounds per different extension) and also flash. I will try and find out exact model of SIP device and update you.

Hi Derek

Thanks for the quick response what you have mentioned is really the exact same scenario as I have.

http://www.voipon.co.uk sells a few different models from a few manufacturers. This does seem to be a niche area.

It seems that the SIP devices need some configuration in order to get them added successfully.

Jason

Sorry for late reply was on holidays...

The part ordered were: 

ALGO 8180 - ALGO 8180 SIP AUDIO ALERTER IP LOUD RINGER SIP SPEAKER AND VOICE PAGING DEVICE 

ALGO 1127 - ALGO 1127 LED DESKTOP VISUAL ALERTER 

ALGO 1185 - ALGO 1185 HORN SPEAKERS 

Hope this helps! 

This is something that I believe you will need, but dont think you can just buy a device which is just for a single phone...

https://marketplace.cisco.com/catalog/products/2272