cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP phones unregistered with CUCM V7

jones.jack
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on my private lab , but the Cisco IP phones can not register . Any ideas.

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello

Kindly be informed that there is a bug in CUCM v7 for DHCP , please use the below command 

utils csa disable. Then type yes to reset   using SSH access.After that test , it work successfully.

Thank you

please rate if this will help

View solution in original post

Hello

let me share my configuration for your L3 switch:

ip dhcp pool VOICE

network 177.1.11.0 255.255.255.0

default-router 177.1.11.1

option 66 ip 177.1.10.10      IP of CUCM  Pub

option 150 ip 177.1.10.10    IP of CUCM Pub

after that

show ip dhcp binding     (to make sure that your end phones get the IP address).

on cucm

in CUCM group  (make Pub is first then Sub) , auto registeration for CUCM (1000 -1008). The IP phones must register. After The IP phones register , then you have to go back to CUCM group then make Sub first and Pub second .Finally in each IP phones reset and restart , then IP phones will register to sub .

Thank you

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hello

Kindly tell us the design of your lab , the way which is used to register your cisco IP phones.

Thank you

Please rate if this will  help

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Few things to check:

Did you configure DHCP scope with TFTP server pointing to the TFTP CallManager?

Is there routing between the phone VLAN and CUCM VLAN?

Is CUCM service running on the server(s)?

Is TFTP service running?

Did you configure the phones in the database or are you using auto registration?

What messages/errors are you seeing in the phone status log?

Chris

thanks for quick answers ,i have CUCM v7 - Voice gateways - Cisco switches 2960 POE -Cisco IP phones 7975. I created DHCP on CUCM and my IP phones can not register to my call manager . any ideas.

thanks

Jack,

Answering half the questions did not get us any closer :-)  Can you please respond to each question?

Chris

sorry ,all services are running ,  Auto registeration , yes (routing ok).

Hello

Kindly be informed that there is a bug in CUCM v7 for DHCP , please use the below command 

utils csa disable. Then type yes to reset   using SSH access.After that test , it work successfully.

Thank you

So, phone is getting IP address?

Is TFTP address showing up on the phone under network settings?

If both yes, what if you add the phone manually to CUCM?

What shows in status log on the phone?

Chris

thanks for Chris and kamal for support , my IP phone get the IP address. I found finally the problem , i apperciate chris the good steps for troubleshooting. Is there any ideas about V7 bugs?.

thanks

other question , when i use my core switch 3750 to act L3 and i configure DHCP server on it , i did not see my phones.registeres ,Is there any issues.

Thanks

Hello

let me share my configuration for your L3 switch:

ip dhcp pool VOICE

network 177.1.11.0 255.255.255.0

default-router 177.1.11.1

option 66 ip 177.1.10.10      IP of CUCM  Pub

option 150 ip 177.1.10.10    IP of CUCM Pub

after that

show ip dhcp binding     (to make sure that your end phones get the IP address).

on cucm

in CUCM group  (make Pub is first then Sub) , auto registeration for CUCM (1000 -1008). The IP phones must register. After The IP phones register , then you have to go back to CUCM group then make Sub first and Pub second .Finally in each IP phones reset and restart , then IP phones will register to sub .

Thank you

Thanks , it is working fine.