Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Over VPN problem

iptsupport
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Everyone,

i have a wired situation with my customer about Cisco jabber call over VPN of forti.

when user call to external number from Cisco phone that register to his LAN the calls work perfectly.

when user call to external number from CSF Device that register to his LAN the calls work perfectly.

when user call to external number from CSF Device when he connected to vpn the call i work but in cisco jabber the status is stay on calling and the recognize the the call is answered by the other side, and the call is disconnect after 3 minute.

after i see the result of all this checking i understand the my problem is with my signaling so i started to check the singling process of the call.

when i check the signaling process in RTMT i saw that SIP UPDATE message is sent from my cisco router to CUCM and CUCM is send ACK but from some reason CUCM not deliver the update to the client.

my first question is why my cisco router send the SIP update in the first place? i saw that my router is not sending SIP update for all external number. i try to understand what is change and i didn't find anything.

my second question is why CUCM not deliver the Update to to client?

i attach the singling process of the call.

2 Replies 2

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Without looking at your file and when you say, it is working internally, my strong suggestion is, that you have a problem on the firewall / VPN, as in most cases with VPN and/or firewall in between. And as always, the guy, who is in charge of the FW will say, that everything is good^^.

If you have problems with signalling / voice via VPN, probably there is a problem with the configuration of the VPN connection.

An UPDATE can be used for different things, e.g. to modify the audio information, when someone is put on hold, ...

iptsupport
Level 4
Level 4

Hey,

first thank you very much for your answer.

of cures that this problem is VPN Connection problem and not configuration error because its happen only when you connected to VPN.

but i cant find anything wrong because its seems that all the relevant port is open and the and everything else is work.

about SIP Update i read about that and i understand that is for modify the audio information, but how can I understand exactly what is modify? this just for me to understand why from the begging my router send SIP Update.