cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco jabber

Ahmed Awida
Level 1
Level 1

I have some questions and i hope some one can help me.

1- Just as confirmation when you add cisco unified client service frame work device for jabber,in the device name field do u start the name by CSF or CFS ,i used always CSF but a video from cisco used CFS ?

2- Using cisco jabber client on windows ,i can't control my deskphone always shows me the icon of the phone with red X over it. Can some one please help in this? note that all the lines are associated with endusers and all the configuration is done right.

3-We have a client using LDAP ,one of the employee can't see the status of anthoer employee using outlook. it sometimes shows him the other guy offline on the outlook while actually the guy is online and sometimes it works. ?

Help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

kaja_2kj3
Level 1
Level 1

1. i have used to start with csf

2. we had this issue initially, later it got fixed, inbetween we started the call manager service, that might have fixed, or could ble something else not sure.

3. from my understanding, it looks the bug with cisco jaber, it doesn't happen to happen all the times and all the users.

Thanks

2. The following must be true for this to work:

• The end user must have the deskphone associated to them.
  • The primary extension should be set for that end user.
  • The CUP user must have a CTI Gateway profile assigned
  • The CUCM nodes in that CTI Gateway must have the CTI Manager and CallManager service activated/running
  • The CUP user must have a CCMCIP profile assigned.
  • Unless you have imported the self-signed certificates into the PC's trust store you must set CUP to trust any certificate under Application > Jabber > Settings

3. Is MOC/Lync installed on the PC? If yes uninstall it and Jabber, restart, and then reinstall Jabber. They may be competing for the Windows Persona API registration. Also be sure that only one account in LDAP exists with that user's SIP: in the proxyAddress field. If multiple accounts have the same value LDAP will return a list of all objects and Jabber will use the first one in the list. The order of the list is unpredictable.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hi  Jonathan.

Thanks for your help . i am using cucm 9.1 with IM and presence 9.1, but what you mean exactly by the following:

(The CUP user must have a CTI Gateway profile assigned,
The CUCM nodes in that CTI Gateway must have the CTI Manager and CallManager service activated/running)

I have 2 application users 1st called AXL_user_CUP which has AXL API ACCESS and all the SEPMACs are controlled by it , the 2nd is CtiGw user which has Standard CTI enabled and Standard CTI allow control of all devices.

All the end user have standard ccm enduser and standard CTI enabled .

On IM and Presence servers all the end users that are replicated have

Licensed IM and Presence    Microsoft RCC Enabled .

Update me please if you see something wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: