Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TelePresence SX20 informations required

vvujicevic
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Our company is looking to set up Cisco Telepresence between 3 locations connected with VPN (and also maybe enabled external calls).

We already have a VoIP system in place, with Cisco Routers (2811 and 2901)  serving as h323 gateways. My questions are:

1 - We previously tried a sx10 and couldnt get it to work properly because it was SIP only, it kept asking for SIP credentials that we didnt have anywhere on our network, will SX20 work with h323 for calls outside of our company and what is the setup as i cant find a detailed guide?

2 - Is VoIP infrastructure even required if we are making internal calls, will it work simply over IP?

3 - What hardware and licencing would be minimum to get this up and running on 3 locations?

4 - What is the required bandwith for 3 way conference call over VPN?

2 Replies 2

Hi Velinko, the software for the SX20 should work with both SIP and h323. if you already have a VOIP structure you could patch the calls through there but you can use to dial via IP as well. as for hardware probably looking into a voice gateway and some licenses associated with it. if you need further help please feel free to send me an email at fguasque@cisco.com Hope this helps!

dianareyes
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings Vilenko,

I'm running into the same exact predicament and came across your post.  Were you able to find a resolution for what you were looking for?

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

-Diana