Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TFTP server

Hello,

I have two questions regarding a TFTP server, the first question can someone tell me the steps I need to configure a TFTP server using option 150 on a cucm cluster for windows 2003 servers, I have one PUB and two SUB's. The second question is when would I configure option 150 on a router or switch instead of a call manager server can you give me scenarios when option 150 should be configure on a server than a voice gateway or switch and vice versa?

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here's how to setup option 150 on a Windows DHCP server:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Mobility/vowlan/41dg/vowlan_ch10.html#wp1047328

The advantage of configuring DHCP on something other than CUCM is that you can view the leases/bindings, which you cannot see on call manager.

mcreilly
Level 1
Level 1

Assuming you want to know how you'd configure your DHCP server on Windows Server 2003 with option 150 to hand out the TFTP server address, this is about the simplest explanation of it I've seen -

http://www.anas.co.in/2010/02/configuring-option-150-in-dhcp-for.html

When would you configure option 150 on a router or switch? If you're using the router or switch as your DHCP server.

I can't think of a good reason to even try to configure option 150 on a Call Manager server - in fact I don't think it's possible.

Hi,

Is it possible to add "tftp server 2" in server 2003?

In server 2008 It is available, But in 2003 I couldn't add 2 option 150 in one scope.

Regards

Mojtaba

Amit23
Level 4
Level 4

I have two questions regarding a TFTP server, the first question can someone tell me the steps I need to configure a TFTP server using option 150 on a cucm cluster for windows 2003 servers, I have one PUB and two SUB's.

could you clear your question? do you want to make tftp to CUCM for win server?

or something else...

The second question is when would I configure option 150 on a router or switch instead of a call manager server can you give me scenarios when option 150 should be configure on a server than a voice gateway or switch and vice versa?

you can use anywhere as per your design..

if you have L3 switch in your network you can use it...if not then use router for make it...

if you have window server you should use that for dhcp....

Warm Regard's
===========
Amit

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma