cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCM SIP trunk to AVAYA S8800 using different RTP ports

mindrayna
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco UCM version 7.1 (3) and my system is connected to a AVAYA system via SIP trunk. I have a question about a request that I just receive from the AVAYA VOIP engineer requesting for me to change the Cisco VOICE traffic to use UDP port 52048 – 53339 to match his side.

Questions:
What is the impact to my Cisco UCM or is this even recommended?
What ports does Cisco UCM uses for VOIP traffic uses when connecting to other system like AVAYA?  Is it RTP 16384 – 32767?

Any documentation that you can share about the implication to the Cisco UCM when using different port range will be great… 

Thanks

db

2 Replies 2

Christopher Graham
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should be able to change this under the SIP Profile Configuration Settings by changing the Start Media Port and Stop Media Port.  However, it is recommended NOT to change the default RTP port ranges since this can cause issues with port overlap.  You may be ok since the requested range is pretty high...but you have been warned.

Thanks for information Chris. would you know what other systme could be impacted by by changing the default port range? for example my voice gateway routers, UNITY and UCCX.  also, will TAC provide support even if the default port range has change?

Thanks

db