how to add the IP phone 

how to check how more IP phone i can add 

i clicked on License Usage Report it show something like this please guide

- Enhanced - 26 - (unassigned 24)

-Basic -15 -(Unassigned 15)

thanks in advances 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Here's a Cisco document explaining the process.  Essentially you configure a Translation Pattern with an empty number, marked Urgent so that this pattern is matched as soon as the phone goes off hook and before dialling any digits.  The translation pattern translated the called number to the desired destination.  You need to take care that each phone only sees its own translation, and that they're not accessible from anywhere else or you will prevent other phones being able to dial anything.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/212073-CUCM-PLAR-Configuration-Example.html

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Dear,

how to add the IP phone?

ANS= Go to Device ---> Phone ---> Add New ---> Select Phone Type (Model) ---> Click on Next 

Give below information:

1. MAC Address

2. Description 

3. Device Pool

4. Phone Button Template

5. SIP Profile

6. Device Security Profile

Click on Save

Go to Line page add Extension and name save it..

how to check how more IP phone i can add?

ANS= It is depend on your Licence. 

For more understanding go through below Link.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/uc8x/models.html

+++++++++++++++++++++Please rate helpful+++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you,

Arun Prakash Sharma

CCIE# 47139

Thanks for the info it was helpfull 

one more question 

how i configure the CISCO IP PHONE to direct hotline 

in my CUCM route pattern are defined 

I have 5 IP phone and 5 Emergency numbers i want to assign each one of them 

If i left the receiver it should call to those respective number 

kindly please help

Here's a Cisco document explaining the process.  Essentially you configure a Translation Pattern with an empty number, marked Urgent so that this pattern is matched as soon as the phone goes off hook and before dialling any digits.  The translation pattern translated the called number to the desired destination.  You need to take care that each phone only sees its own translation, and that they're not accessible from anywhere else or you will prevent other phones being able to dial anything.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/212073-CUCM-PLAR-Configuration-Example.html

thanks for the support

i was able to configure within the EXT but how to configure to other LOCAL land line for ex i have some GOV Emergency Number 997 and 998  Fire dept and Medical services number, and some LANDLINE which i want to configure kindly please guide .. 

thanks 

Maqdoom.M 

What would you normally dial from an ordinary IP phone to call those numbers?   To create the PLAR translation pattern for these you need the called party transformation to match what would normally be dialled, and the CSS of the translation needs to include the appropriate partition to match that pattern.

Thanks i was able to do that .. 

The hotline what it is configured i donot want this phone should receive any calls (Currently i can call this number)

please how can i do this.. .

thanks 

@mdmaqdoom wrote:

The hotline what it is configured i donot want this phone should receive any calls (Currently i can call this number)

please how can i do this.. .

Create a new Partition for this directory number, and make sure that partition is not included in any CSS.  

thanks it was helpfull