cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Call Handler - How do you add a pause before hang up?

Eve M
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I have a call handler where, following some information being given, I want to system to pause for 5-10 seconds (pending a potential response from the caller), and then go back to the main menu (initial call handler).  I've tried increasing the delay between prompts and also the "wait for additional digits".  Neither seem to work. 

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Eve

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Eve

Did you use this section under the Greeting page to achieve this;

During Greeting

Ignore Caller Input
Allow Transfers  to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers
Times to Re-prompt Caller
Delay Between Re-prompts* seconds

I used re-prompt = 1

Delay = 10 seconds

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob, 

Thanks very much for your reply.  I did try that, and it still doesn't pause.  

Not sure I'm explaining it well.  I am trying to get it to pause after the greeting.  If the caller doesn't input anything within the 10 seconds then I want it to repeat the greeting.

Thank you.

Eve

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Eve,

That's strange. Are you sure that you are changing this on the active greeting? In some multi-level audio text trees sometimes we think we are changing something at the right level but may in fact be changing the wrong greeting. Did you try setting the number of re-prompts to a number other than 1 just to be sure.

Did you also change the after greeting action to link back to the main menu mailbox?

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob, 

Yes, just double checked and it's in the main menu greeting.

Connection Directory > Edit User Basics

During Greeting

seconds
After Greeting

Eve 

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Eve,

So, on this main menu, do you have press 1 for x, press 2 for y options set up? Is the link back to call handler in the after greeting action now working? Or are both the pause and link back still not working? Can you try this on a test call handler to see if it works there?

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob, 

I have it working, you were right, it was a problem with the multi level tree.  My mistake... you know when you stare at the screen for so long that everything starts to blur! :-)

Thanks very kindly for your help.

Eve 

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Eve,

Good stuff my friend! We've all been there before :) Glad to be of some small help here!

Cheers!

Rob