cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco unity connection auto attendant call handling and licensing information required

mohsin majeed
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Experts,

A client had ordered BE6000 with starter bundle 25 licenses which included 25 basic messaging licenses off course as well as UCL Basic 400 licenses. More than 100 phones currently registered. Analog lines for incoming and outgoing calls. Now the issue is

- Client has Auto Attendant configured on CUC for incoming call handling.

- Users are being imported from CUCM to CUC in order to dial by extension. But, importing more than 25 users into CUC leads to license compliance error which mean we have less basic messaging licenses.

- When i try to add user in CUC without mail box, the incoming call don't transfer to that particular user by dialing user extension after AA message.

- When i create user with mail box, the incoming call goes through and user is dialed by extension successfully after AA message.

- My question is that basic messaging licenses are must required to reach dial by extension for incoming call ?? Is there workaround to avoid installing more licenses and user can be dialed by extension on incoming call ??

Regards,

Mohsin Majeed

4 Replies 4

Shri2
Level 1
Level 1

Mohsin,

Are you using Call handler to send call to CUCM. If yes, then try below option.

open call handler ->greeting-->standard greeting--> there will be option "allow transfer to numbers not associated with users or call handler", can u check mark and check it.

Hi Shrikant,

You are right, i am using call handler. I will try the same and will update.

Is there any way other than call handler in order to answer and transfer incoming calls. I mean the capability of CUCM itself.

Regards,

Hi, 

Other than call handler, i can think of is Directory handler.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsagx/8xcucsag070.html

In Call handler, you have more option to transfer the call to CUCM/external.

Caller System Transfers and User System Transfers

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/administration/guide/7xcucsagx/7xcucsag115.html

Hi Shrikant,

I looked again, this option was already checked, i tried to dial in but call was failed with msg "Call can't be transferred"

What i did, under Restriction Tables --> Default System Transfer --> Uncheck the Box with " *  "pattern.

It is working fine now. I was looking for the answer since long.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,