cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Connection version: 9.1.1.20000-32 and sending voicemail to email to Exchange 2013

brubaker79
Level 1
Level 1

I'm configuring my USC system to be able to send voicemails to user mailboxes. I have everything configured correctly on my cisco system, but I can't seem to find directions on my Exchange end. I have a 2013 Exchange server and I don't want to use all the bells and whistles that Unity has such as speech to text. I simply want to voicemails to be send to end user mailboxes. Can someone point me to the correct documentation on configuring this for Exchange?

3 Replies 3

zdesignstudio
Level 4
Level 4

Few things you need to do in Exchange.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/design/guide/8xcucdgx/8xcucdg032.html#60811

Please rate useful posts and mark answers as correct if applicable.

Not sure the question was about how to configure SingleInbox.

In order to have a copy of the voice message to the exchane mailbox, you need to:

1. enable and configure the smarthost feature in CUC

2. Configure CUC to relay messages to SMTP server

3. Configure user in CUC with the information needed ( e-mail address amongst others)

HTH

Dan

Ahh I figured as much. 

Exchange also needs to be configured to allow CUC to relay messages as a trusted device. This can be done specifically to CUC IP or network mask/range. If Exchange doesnt allow relays, then CUC will send the message to Exchange and it will be discarded.