Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity deleted messages

tiffanydeporter
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am running Cisco Unity Connection 10.5 and I have one user that says this particular problem has happen to her multiple times. She states that when she listens to her new voicemail and then deletes it, it will go to the deleted box in Unity, but at a later time if she logs in and listens to her saved messages the deleted messages have returned to the saved messages box. Strange that this is just one user. I had her look in her Outlook inbox to make sure these messages were not in the inbox and they are not in a folder. They were all in her deleted items folder in Outlook. I did log into her Unity mailbox and they are in fact all in her saved messages even though she had deleted them weeks ago. Has anyone heard of this? And have any suggestions on things to check?

Thanks,

Tiffany

1 Reply 1

Aseem Anand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If its happening for a single user only i would suggest you to do the following:

1. Suggest the user to browse to the PCA page using the following:

https://10.106.117.133/ciscopca

Please note that user will have to use the web application password to be able to login. If user is not sure about the web application password then you can change the web application password on the unity and have them login.

CUC >>> Users >>> password settings >>> Select web application

2. Download all the saved/important messages.

3. Once he has the backup of the saved messages, delete the user from CUC which will basically delete the mailbox of the user and create it again.

Aseem