cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CLID not shown on PRI when call passes through ICT

jcarlyle
Level 1
Level 1

I have a setup where I'm migrating from a 4.x to a 6.x cluster. The clusters have identical route plans (built from DNA), but for the 6.x cluster the ICT trunk has been added as a last option for the PSTN RL as no PRI's have been cut over to the new system. Calls work fine to the PSTN, passing over the ICT and out the 4.x cluster but the CLID shows private number. The PSTN RL on 4.x uses the external mask to set the CLID and it works fine for calls originating on that cluster, but it seems like it can't pull this info from the call since it originated on the other side of the ICT. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas of a workaround beside swinging over PRI's to locally handle the PSTN routes on the 6.x cluster?

4 Replies 4

Ronald Spencer
Level 1
Level 1

You should check the following:

In the ICT (at the bottom), ensure the Calling Party Selection is set to the desired option (Originator, by default).

Based on your config (elsewhere), ensure that Calling Line ID Presentation is set to Enabled (or default, based on config elsewhere).

Besure to also check the relevant config on the routepattern that sends calls to the ICT. This can be found near the bottom.

-Ronnie

Unfortunately all of these have been checked already. I'm thinking the problem lies in the fact that the final matched Route Pattern tries to use the external mask to set the CLID. From its perspective though, the caller is the ICT trunk, which has no external mask.

okay, but could you not set the Calling Party Transform mask, at the Route pattern level , or Caller ID, at the ICT level?

That would work if I had a DID environment or everyone wanted to display the same number. Some users need to have a certain number displayed, other users in a different job role need another number displayed, etc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: