Views
Helpful
Replies

CME Auto Attendant script - change default wait time

muhammad.cis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm using its-CISCO.2.0.3.0.tcl for basic Auto attendant funcationality. When a user calls from PSTN he listens to a greeting of around 8 seconds. The greeting says (for example):

"Welcome to Cisco Systems. Please dial you desired extension or wait for the operator". If PSTN caller does not know internal extension, he has to wait around 15 seconds (after greeting) before the call is transferred to the operator. How can I reduce this wait time.

Thanks in advance for your help.

4 Replies 4

shalushar
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, Muhammad,

Please refer below link we have an option of timeout under Main menu, change the seconds there

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_0/administrator/script/aasamp.html

Tx,

Shalu

Hi Shalu,

Thank you very much for your reply.

The link you posted is about modifying default auto attendant script (aa_sample1.aef) using Unity Express Script Editor. I am using a TCL script (its-CISCO.2.0.3.0.tcl) which is, unfortunately, completely different from .aef script.

Regards,

Muhammad

Muhammad,

If you have the operator configured with the param below, you could change your greeting to say "Welcome to Cisco Systems. Please dial your desired extension or press 0 for the operator". This script has the 0 option built in to go to the operator extension as configured below (4001 in this case).

param operator 4001

Tom Yan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Muhammad,

I just wonder if you have fixed out this issue? I encountered one issue similar with yours. I would like to change the timeout value of transfer to operator. But I don't know how to do it.

Thanks in advance!