Views
Helpful
Replies

computer as an Ip phone on call manager

Geormili
Level 1
Level 1

Hi i have a setup with this equipment

• 1 router cisco 1700 series (model cisco 1760)
  • 1 switch cisco  catalyst 2950 series
  • 1 PC  cisco MCS 7800 series  ,call manager 3.3 
  • 2 ip phone cisco 7905 

is it possible to add a computer as an ip phone?

7 Replies 7

You can install the Cisco IP Communicator on those PCs and use it.
//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

will i be able to make calls from the ip phones to this computer , and how i install it to the call manger , same way i install the ip phones (device->phones -> add an ip phone-> what do i chose in the model tab ?)

thanks for the help and the quick reply.

First you need to download that software from Cisco site ( search it on cisco download section) and yes in same way you need to add this softphone in Call Manager ( device-phone-add- cisco ip communicator ).

thanks a lot. i 'll try it it seems easy i don't think i'll have any difficulties.

how can i buy cisco ip comunicator and how much does it cost? i can't download it from cisco it pop up a message that i must have a valid service contract associated with my cisco profil

i think that my call manager dosen't support ip communicator (cm 3.3(3))

Yes you need valid id to download that software.

If you cant see "Cisco IP communicator" option in add phone then CCM 3 will not support this softphone.

I am not sure the CCM 3 supports Third party SIP phones or not. If you see something like Third Party SIP (Basic/Advanced ) then you can download freeware SIP phone software from Internet and add it as SIP phone in CCM. That also will do the trick.

Thanks

Manish

3rd party SIP phones are CUCM 5.X and above.

Try with IP blue.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate