cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure CP-3905 as SIP phone

markus.jonsson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! I have a Cp-3905 phone I want to use with my VoIP carrier instead of my old ATA box and old analog phone. I can't find where in the settings to set SIP domain, username and password. Is is not possible to use this phone as a SIP phone with my VoIP carrier?

I am new to this and have searched on Google but can't find how to set this up. I found some pictures showing how to configure other Cisco models (through web interface) but not how it is done on this model

Help is really appreciated!

Regards Markus

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Phones with a configuration GUI have MPP/3PCC FW loaded and are only in the 78xx/88xx series.

Your phone model can be configured for a 3rd party PBX, but all the configuration will be via .xml files you'll have to manually edit to get the information you need in there.

There are hundreds of threads in the community with similar questions and the overall process is the same for any phone running enterprise FW, search CSC and you will find a lot of references as to what would be involved. If the thread references 3PCC/MPP, that's not applicable to you.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Like what Java said, this same question has been posted many times. 
Have a look at THIS as an example. 

There are more examples if you search this forum.

markus.jonsson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! Thanks a lot! The phone is now workning

The only problem that remains is that it takes a long time from picking up the handset and dialing the numbers until it rings (about 10-12 seconds). If I dial the number first and then pick up the handset, it rings immediately. I have experimented with dialplan.xml but it does not seem to affect this, any suggestions what can I try? dialplan.xml I use looks like this:

<DIALTEMPLATE>

<TEMPLATE MATCH="*" TIMEOUT="1" User="Phone" />

</DIALTEMPLATE>

Regards Markus

What firmware is the phone running on?

markus.jonsson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

The firmware is the latest, CP3905.9-4-1SR3.

Regards Markus