cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring an 8845 for SIP via XML and TFTP

cainram
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning. I have several 8845s that I need to register with our FusionPBX server. I have a simple TFTP server on my network which I have successfully used to update the firmware to sip8845_65.12-6-1-0001-668. I have been poring over sample xml files and am getting conflicting information. The phone is factory reset and ready to be provisioned. I just need a bare-bones xml file to configure only the settings necessary to register with my SIP server. If anyone can generate a file for me that I can plug my information into and have the device pull down, I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies 2

cainram
Level 1
Level 1

Update! I got it registered. I can receive calls. No outgoing calls. My guess is that there is no default dialplan and I have to generate one and make it available via TFTP. Working on that now. Any input is still appreciated.

EDIT: I have not found the information I need to get outgoing calls working. Creating a new post with a more appropriate title

Hi, cainram,

could you, please, post or send me an example xml configuration file for this phone?

We got a lot and did'nt get them to work.

Thank you

Stephan