Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring how a ds0-group is hunted in a t1

KJ7BZC
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there any way to configure the way that timeslots in a ds0-group are hunted in a 2851 ISR? For example, I have ds0-group 0 on T1 controller 1/0 setup for timeslots 1-8. I have a single dial-peer pointed at 1/0:0. When calls hit the dial-peer and are directed to that ds0-group, it goes the the next timeslot in sequence. As in, if I were to call it three times, I would get timeslot 1, 2, and 3 in order. I want it to act like a sequential hunt group where it always goes to the lowest available line.

The reason I'm using a ds0-group instead of a standard hunt group is because I have this setup on a piece of equipment that takes in many phone lines. It is expecting DNIS to be passed to it by DTMF tones generated on the FXS port when it answers, which is done with "forward-digits all" on the voiceport level. My dial peer pointing to it accepts multiple different numbers, and the device connected needs to know which one was dialed to handle the call properly. If I set this up with an individual dial-peer per line on the device in a big hunt group, forward-digits will just send it the number for the individual line's dial-peer, which doesn't help.

I haven't been able to find any setting that changes how the ds0-group hunts, I'm sure its just something simple I'm missing but I've looked for hours...

If anyone can offer some insight that'd be great.

Thanks,
Keith

2 Replies 2

So this is set up as a trunk group (of ds0's) in the router? If so, do you have "hunt-scheme sequential" configured?

If not, can you post your config so we can take a look?

Maren

Sorry, didn't see a notification for this reply. It is not configured as a trunk group, but as a single voice-port taking up multiple timeslots on a single T1, see the configuration below:

controller T1 1/0
 ds0-group 23 timeslots 17-24 type fxs-loop-start
voice-port 1/0:23
 output attenuation 0
 cptone AU
 timeouts call-disconnect 1
 timing digit 50
 timing inter-digit 50
 caller-id enable
dial-peer voice 201 pots
 description PSLREC01
 destination-pattern 8841...