cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Converting 7940 to SCCP from SIP

kyle.petree
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to convert some 7940 phones I bought from SIP to SCCP. They currently have POS3-7-4-00 loaded. I have the TFTP server setup on my computer and setup the OS79xx file pointing to a P0030801SR02 load. My issue is that looking at the TFTP logs it's requesting the files CTLSEP(macaddress).tlv, SEP(macaddress).cnf.xml, SIP(macaddress).cnf, MGC(macaddress).cnf, and XMLDefault.cnf.xml instead. What files do I need to put in my TFTP server and what do I put in those files to load the SCCP firmware?

Thanks for the help!

3 Replies 3

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Kyle,

As peer the release notes, "You cannot upgrade to firmware release 8.1(2)SR2 directly from firmware release 8.0(5) or an earlier release. Upgrade to firmware release 8.1(1) first, then upgrade from release 8.1(1) to release 8.1(2)SR2."

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7960g_7940g/firmware/8_1_2/english/release/notes/796040_812_sr2.html

Can you try upgrading the firmware first to (8.1(1) version) and then try converting it to this version.

HTH

Rajan

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Will the phone be connected to a non-Cisco call manager? 

For a start, SEPmacaddress.cnf.xml, XMLDefault.cnf.xml, OS79XX files are all you need. 

Of course the SIP firmware is required. 

To get stuff working, you'll need the dialingplan file

kyle.petree
Level 1
Level 1

These phones are connecting to a UC560. I think I figured it out, I grabbed a SIPmacaddress file and changed the load line to the SCCP load, rebooted the phone and it pulled down the SCCP load just fine so that is solved. But I do have another (somewhat related) question. These phones have the 'Universal Application Loader' with the old style UI. Is there a way to flash them with the newer UI that's smoother and boots with the new Cisco logo or is that only for the newer models?