cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Copy MOH file to flash

perrylau8
Level 1
Level 1

I need to copy a MOH file music-on-hold.au from one existing router to the flash of a newly installed SRST router in a new site, could you advise me the steps required? Thanks a lot.

6 Replies 6

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

You can copy the existing MOH files to the TFTP server and from your new router copy these MOH files using the "copy tftp flash", as seen below.

Copy this file to a TFTP server and issue the command copy tftp flash on the router the file should reside on.  In my case the same Linux  server used for SFTP is also a TFTP server.  Any Unix-like OS is capable  of supporting SFTP and TFTP.

router# copy tftp flash
Address or name of remote host []? 177.1.10.2
Source filename []? SampleAudioSource.g729.wav
Destination filename [SampleAudioSource.g729.wav]?
Accessing tftp://177.1.10.2/SampleAudioSource.g729.wav…
Loading SampleAudioSource.g729.wav from 177.1.10.2 (via Serial0/3/0.1): !!
[OK - 332600 bytes]

332600 bytes copied in 51.848 secs (6415 bytes/sec)

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!

Hi Anand,

Thanks for the swuft advice indeed. Just one more question, how can I copy the existing MOH files from the router to a TFTP server? Should I 'go' to the existing router and start from there? I need to set up a TFTP server as well. Cheers.

Hi,

For copying the MOH files from Router to tftp server.

copy flash:filename tftp

And aslo, if you want to upload multiple files, then there is a better way, in fact it's better to zip up all the files you want to upload into a tarball (if windows then you can use 7-zip (www.7-zip.org) to do this.) A good tftp server is Pumpkin (google pumpkin TFTP).

then to upload all files:-

archive tar /xtract tftp://serverIP/tarball.tar flash:

Hope it helps. Please rate the helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers !!

Thanks,

Anand

Hi,

Here is the command reference link for copy command.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_1/configfun/command/reference/frd2001.html#wp1021855

Hope it helps.

Anand

Jason Hendrix
Level 1
Level 1

This is what I did to copy from flash to tftp to another flash. Open your tftp server and I made my desktop the default download location. The xx.xx.xx.xxx is the IP for your PC from the tftp server.

show flash to locate MOH

from flash to tftp      ---     copy flash:music-on-hold.au tftp://:@xx.xx.xx.xxx

from tftp to flash      ---     copy tftp://:@1xx.xx.xx.xxx/music-on-hold.au flash:

XXXiR01#sh flash:
-#- --length-- -----date/time------ path
25      496521 May 19 2008 23:36:26 -05:00 music-on-hold.au

Hi.
You also could use scp to copy from one router directly to flash of another one.
To use scp ensure that ssh protocol was enabled on both router and also ip scp scp server enable to enable scp server.

to copy files via scp:
copy flash:file scp:
specify info router will ask and you are done.

HTH
Regards

Carlo

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: