Views
Helpful
Replies

CP-3905s Freeze Up/DeRegister

Ecarttev
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have a number of CP-3905s that have started freezing up after approximately 28 hours after being booted.

They are running the latest firmware and I have factory reset half of them, and they freeze just the same as the one's that weren't reset.

This does not affect more advanced phone models, like the CP-9971.

Is there a limit to the phones' ability to count packets?

Checking the phones' info on their web interfaces show that most of packets they get are broadcast.

Thanks for your insight.

7 Replies 7

What exactly you mean by Freezing UP ?Are you trying to say that the phones are getting unregistered after few hours ?

What call control platform are you using ? CME or CUCM ?

Have you verified network ?

Response Signature

I am using CUCM.

When they freeze, the following happens:

They are listed as unregistered in CUCM.

The LCD is stuck on what it was displaying when it freezes, generally the date and time when it froze.

They don't respond to button presses, or the handset being picked up/put down.

Holding down the "Settings" button doesn't dump the logs to flash like a working phone.

I get timed out when I try to access their Device Information web page, or telnet into them.

Only a full power cycling has been able to temporarily fix it.

Everything else on my network is working fine, and my 9971s and 8945s don't exhibit this behavior. 

I should also add, that while they are frozen the switching capability remains active. Computers connected to the phones still have network capability.

Just to narrow down the issue, Does this happens with all 3905 phones in your environment or some specific phones or a group of phone connected some particular switch ? 

Was this noticed after a firmware upgrade ? Then can you downgrade the firmware and see if it working fine ?

Response Signature

It has affected all of my 3905 phones.

I actually applied a firmware upgrade in response to this issue, and the problem has not abated.

I have investigated further with RTMT and the StatusReason for deregistering is DirectoryNumberMismatch.

TomTom1313
Level 1
Level 1

Were you able the fix this problem? If yes, what was the root cause and fix?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: