cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Creation of socket to receive data failed in TFTPEngine::setupTransport(), 98

karthikeyanm
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CUCMBE 8.0. Its a new installation. From the installation Cisco TFTP is a problem for me. It appears it runs only few minutes after a complete restart of call manager. But Servicablity shows its running. I have tried restarting Cisco TFTP service alone but phones are not getting registered.Only a complete restart will make it run.

I did a wireshark trace between phone and call manager.

RTMT trace yeilds the following error.

19:24:15.502 HDR|08/18/2011 TFTP,StandAloneCluster,192.168.10.5,Error,8.0.3.20000-2

19:24:15.502 |   TFTPEngine::setupTransport[0xa3a53538~472~192.168.10.10~52690] Creation of socket to receive data failed in TFTPEngine::setupTransport(), 98

-HTH Karthik.
1 Reply 1

jomcgaug
Level 4
Level 4

Hi karthikeyanm,

It looks like the tftp service is unable to create a listening socket for some reason.  Could be OS or hardware related.  Not sure.  This is the first time I've seen someone get this error.

It looks like you opened a TAC case on this.  I can see you are running CUCMBE on UCS hardware.  On thing you can make sure is that LRO is disabled.  See the following link.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Disable_LRO

Of course that applies to TCP but it's worth taking a look at.

What about the Event Viewer - Applicaiton and Event Viewer - System traces?  Find any clues there?

Check the Cisco RisDataCollector Perfmon traces and make sure there are no performance issues.

Check the vSphere client as well for any issues.

Lastly ssh into the CUCM VM and run show network eth0 detail.  See anything out of the ordinary there?  Errors, drops, Dup IP, Mode set to half duplex or anything else strange?

John