Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE registered to CUCM and Avaya

o.artigny
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are looking at different options to leverage our current infrastructure.

I would like to know if it would be possible to use our CUBEs to connect 2 different clusters (Cisco and Avaya) to the PSTN via a SIP trunk.

The Avaya and the CallManager do not need to communicate together, but both need access to the SIP trunk behind the CUBE.

AVAYA-----------

I

I-------CUBE-------SIP TRUNK to PSTN

I

CISCO------------

Thanks for your help

Olivier

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, this is possible and that is what CUBE is meant for to centralized the dial plan and sit in between your cluster and outside network. Please let us know if you see any configuration related challenges to assist you better.

For outgoing calls from both clusters to PSTN, you simply need to have dial-peer matching inbound call leg and destination-pattern pointed to your service provider.

For incoming calls from PSTN (/SIP Trunk), you need to have dial-peer matching inbound call leg and some translation rules to send desired number to either CUCM or Avaya cluster as the case may be.

View solution in original post

Yes, it is possible since SIP over TLS in CUBE can be configured per call leg (/dial-peer).

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, this is possible and that is what CUBE is meant for to centralized the dial plan and sit in between your cluster and outside network. Please let us know if you see any configuration related challenges to assist you better.

For outgoing calls from both clusters to PSTN, you simply need to have dial-peer matching inbound call leg and destination-pattern pointed to your service provider.

For incoming calls from PSTN (/SIP Trunk), you need to have dial-peer matching inbound call leg and some translation rules to send desired number to either CUCM or Avaya cluster as the case may be.

Thanks Vivek for the quick answer.

Here is onther one. On that "shared" cube, would is be possible to implement SIP over TLS on one trunk and not the others ?

Olivier

Yes, it is possible since SIP over TLS in CUBE can be configured per call leg (/dial-peer).

Thank you Vivek.

This was very helpful.