cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE Sizing - "sustained" calls per second

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

I'm looking at CUBE sizing, and in the installations we deal with it looks like Calls Per Second would be the limiting factor well before concurrent calls.  What I'd like try and confirm is firstly the meaning of "sustained" in the description of this parameter, and secondly the implications of briefly exceeding that figure say in one particular second.  Would call setup simply be delayed during a brief excess, or could they be dropped? 

Also, when checking an existing install, which is the best CLI command to see the figures represented by that limit?  I note that you get different figures from "sh call hist water cps detail table", "sh call hist water cps table" and "sh call hist stats cps detail table", with some counting calls per second and some call legs.

Thanks, Tony S

2 Replies 2

MrCat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tony,

Were you able to figure that one out? I am interested too if call setup would simply be delayed during a brief excess, or could they be dropped? 

Thanks

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

I didn't. The customer has pretty powerful boxes running his CUBEs, both are 4451s now.  I think next time he expands his number of channels, I may raise a TAC case to get this sizing clarified.