Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC 8.6 - DRF backups

Ayaz Khan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a CUC cluster.  We are noticing that our publisher DRF has components of Subscriber.  DRF local and master are running on Subscriber, but from what I know CUC 8.x backup are independant.

When Publisher finishes backing up there is high CPU utilization, eventhough it completes successfully.  To fix the cpu issue we need to restart DRF services on PUB.

I wanted to remove the SUB from CUC cluster page and re-added  back in.  I am not sure what the impact is or if would address this issue.

If anyone has encountered this or has any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks,

AK

1 Reply 1

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes CUC cluster backups are taken independently on both the Pub and the Sub servers, due to the below BUG:

----------------------

Symptom:
Unable to take the backup of SUB components from PUB.
Error: Unable to contact server. Master or Local Agent could be down.

If subscriber is backed up from subscriber node, there are no issues.

Conditions:
UC cluster

Workaround:
Backup's should be taken by logging into DRS page of PUB and SUB separtely.
This behaviour is different from CUCM.
In Unity Connection, LA and MA services are independent on publisher and subscriber node. Thus it is not possible to take backup of subscriber node from the publisher.

Check the TAC workaround to remove the registration of SUB components on PUB to avoid the errors later on.

------------

Now I dont remember if we did anything to get the components of the Sub removed from Pub, but I have checked in one of the clusters we have, I can see from the CUC 8.6 Pub, it doesn't have any sub component registered.

I would suggest you check with TAC first, they should have a fix for this or somebody else chimes in.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts