cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.5.1 : Update LDAP synched End user through BAT, job scheduler says success, but no effect is seen

saparuch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have created a User Template, where I have applied ACG and checked the Service Settings. However, when i put userid and lastname which are mandatory in CSV file, and update the users through BAT, job scheduler says success, but there are no changes happening on the end user side.

Please help..

7 Replies 7

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Quick question:

1. Are you updating LDAP Synched users?

2. If yes, what fields you are looking forward to update?

3. If I missed your query, could you please elaborate what is that exactly you are trying to achieve?

Regards

There are around 500 LDAP synched users, 

things I am trying to update are :

1) Apply their respective UDP( User Device Profile ) through CSV.

2) Apply Access Control Group, which I have created in User Template and trying to update users through this.

Job scheduler says, success, but no matter what I don't see any changes done on users.

Please feel free to ask for any further information.

Interestingly, I am doing the same for a customer (300+ users) :-)

For the UDP, I created the UDP Profiles with the BAT and assigned it to the template, and it should not be an issue.

How many lines you are trying to add per user?

2. Access Control Group I applied through :

User Management > User Settings > Access Control Group

I couldn't get updated the ACG through Bulk Admin Tool, so workaround worked.

HTH

User Management > User Settings > Access Control Group

I did create a ACG, but I have applied this in User Template, and in the CSV file, i added only userid and last name, because it said mandatory, and I wanted ACG to be applied to users through the Template I created. 

So, I update users with custom file option, i see job scheduler says success, but when i see configuration of a particular end user, I don't see the ACG i applied in User Template to the end user.

Any help on this ?

Yes, I was encountering some issue (don't recall what exactly was the issue, but ACG was not getting updated).

Adding ACG via the User Mgmt is much easier.

1. Go to  User Management > User Settings > Access Control Group

2. Select the desired ACG

3. Find all the desired users (you can filter out a few, but in my case it was easier to just add all the users)

4. Select all and then click the Add End Users to the Group

That should take care of all the users that you need to add to the respective ACG.

HTH

This works, if I need all the LDAP synched users are to be applied that ACG, if suppose only 150 of those 500 need ACG, by this method, I see its again we have to search those 150 user ids and put them under that ACG.

I really don't understand why BAT is not doing this ! 

And also, I need to check, Service Settings ( Home Cluster and Enable User for Unified CM IM and Presence ) for these users to reflect in IM /Presence as well. So I created the same in a user template and trying to update them via BAT ( cusom file update user option), it says success, but I still don't see these setting checked in end users. 

Wonder why this is happening, however I did observe, a warning in job scheduler, that said, "LDAP Sync is in progress, cannot update few fields" 

Thanks for the info :) 

Checking of the users for the UC profile and enabling the Presence should be easier from the Bulk Admin Tool

i had to add multiple lines to the UDP and I couldn't add the way I thought I should have done

Anyway, hope your issue is resolved l, please feel free to ask us if you have any more questions or queries 

regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: