Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.5 -LDap Sync'd - Self care portal prompts user for new pswd

lleweyiss
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, 

CUCM 10.5.2

We are ldap sync'd,  but I have a small number of users that when they go to the CUCM self care portal and log in successfully, they are getting a pop up prompt that states  "the administrator has marked your password to be reset.  You must change your password before you can proceed." Then provides the "new password' and 'verify password' fields.

This should not occur due to ldap sync,  and others can log in just fine without getting this prompt.

I looked at User Management --> End User for each of these users.

User status shows : Active LDAP Synchronized User

there are no fields for Password , the device is associated, the permissions contain the Group: Standard CCM End Users.

The only other thing I will mention is that the 'device' is associated to multiple people so each of them can make changes to this in the self care portal (they change the Call Forward number). But others can still log in just fine with the same associated device .  I am not sure how an associated device would effect a login as they get past the login initially anyway before getting to the Change Password prompt.

Checked Enterprise parameters - Self Car portal --> Show Client/Portal Password - it is disabled  (the description says it wont show option to change password in portal)

3 Replies 3

Sounds like a bug.

Hope this would be helpful

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12747256/self-care-portal-password-reset-issue

CSCuv33572

Regards

Abhay

Kindly rate all helpful posts !!!

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

thanks , but I had seen this one as well, they created local CUCM users,,, mine are LDAP sync'd so I cant change a password and neither can the user from within cucm self portal ..it's not allowed.

I'm thinking it's  TAC case time.

lleweyiss, were you able to get this resolved? I am having the same thing happen to some of my users as well.