cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 12 and 11.5 The installation has enountered a serious internal error. The system will be halted

andres.torres
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I am trying to create a home lab using an ISO file of Cisco Call Manager 12.

I'm using VMWARE Workstation 15

I can go through the installation process however right after the installation process attempts to install I get an error indicating the following "The installation has encountered a serious error. The system will be halted" I tried to output any logs to a serial port but the file I assign nothing gets written to it. I also tried the same process with 11.5 and got the same error. So I don't think it has anything to do with the ISO files rather something with my PC. Any suggestions on what I can do?Capture.PNG

5 Replies 5

I believe you have AMD Processor in your system.

That is correct is that not supported?

Hi Andres,

Can you try on installing Intel process based machine and check whether it works or not.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/managed_services/12_0_1/cucm_b_managed-services-guide-1201/cucm_b_managed-services-guide-1201_chapter_01000.html 

Please Rate my post if it is helpful....

Hi,

I am starting to doubt it has to do with my hardware. I was able to secure an image of someone CUCM and the VM boots and initializes. Recognizing my hardware as a Ryzen CPU. I have a MacBook and will bootcamp and see if I can install the image using an intel CPU.

Hi Andres,

Yes you can do in this way.

A. Install call manager on any Intel CPU based machine and copy the virtual machine and start in your PC.

B. Yes you can try on MAC which is intel based machine.

Regards.

Mark my post if it resolved your problem