Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1.5 - How to monitor the number of CTI devices, lines per app per server

Hi guys,

I'd like to trace the number of CTI devices and lines per application and server.

For example:

At 9AM, 2 CTI applications in SUB1.

- CTI App1 - 10 devices - 20 lines

- CTI App2 - 20 devices - 20 lines

In general, the same output as show risdb query ctimprovider/ctimdevices/ctimlines

So, I'm thinking of two possible solution:

1- Run SSH batch against CUCM to schedule the show risdb command than export the files to a SFTP server

--> Can you please give me an application/script that works ? I try plink.exe -ssh but no luck :'(

2- Eventually using SQL or RTMT but I dont really know it it's possible

--> pretty ordinary question: HOW ?

Any suggestion is welcome.

Thank you very much, experts.

2 Replies 2

phooghen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

RTMT will provide with the exact same information as the "show risdb query ...".

Cisco CTI Manager 

Counters
Counter Description

CcmLinkActive

This counter represents the total number of active Cisco Unified  Communications Manager links. CTI Manager maintains links to all active  Cisco Unified Communications Manager in the cluster.

CTIConnectionActive

This counter represents the total number of CTI clients that are  currently connected to the CTIManager. This counter increases by one  when new connection is established and decreases by one when a  connection is released. The CTIManager service parameter  MaxCTIConnections determines the maximum number of active connections.

DevicesOpen

This counter represents the total number of devices that are configured  in Cisco Unified Communications Manager that CTI applications control  and/or monitor. Devices include hardware IP phones, CTI ports, CTI route  points, and so on.

LinesOpen

This counter represents the total number of lines that are configured in  Cisco Unified Communications Manager that control and/or monitor CTI  applications.

QbeVersion

This counter represents the version number of the Quick Buffer Encoding (QBE) interface that the CTIManager uses.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/6_1_1/rtmt/rtpmcm.html#wp1011968

There is no way to get this information using Database SQL query (run sql ...)

Hi Phooghen,

Thank you for your reply.

However, the RTMT counter will give only summerized information. You will get kinda

Sub# - Number of CTI provider/device/line opened

Thus, for example, when the CTI line counter goes up, we have no idea what cti provider is activating.

What I need is Sub# - Application# - Number of CTI device/line opened, the exact same thing given by CTI Search functionality of RTMT. Unfortunately, it doesn't come with a counter.

Basically, my monitoring works with SecureCRT.

- Using SecureCRT, create session with saved password (make sure you work in secured and restricted access environment)

- Record a script with

+ show risdb query [ctimprovider/ctimlist/ctimline] file cti[] --> export to txt file

+ file get platform/cli/cti*.txt --> send txt files to a sftp server

+ parameter for the SFTP transfer (I don't know how to exclude the password from the script, unfortunately)

+ file delete flatform/cli/cti*.txt --> delete txt files after the transfer

+ exit --> close SSH session

- Create a bat script (I'm working with Windows) and schedule it to run every 30 min (watchout for your CPU utilization)

+ securecrt /f [path to the saved session] /s session_name

+ pkill securecrt.ext --> kill securecrt session after the export

At this point, on my SFTP server, I have a triple of files every 30 mins. Basically, it give you the CTI provider, device and line. Note that all link to the provider ID. here there are a lot of options. Me, null at scripting, choose to import all those files into an Access base then join table + count group by ID

At the end, I have something like

SUB1.

9:00

- CTI App1 - 10 devices - 20 lines

- CTI App2 - 20 devices - 20 lines

9:30

- CTI App1 - 10 devices - 15 lines

- CTI App2 - 20 devices - 25 lines

Hope this helped.

Best Regards,