cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.1 want to deploy as a Gatekeeper..

Hi all,

I  have a CUCM 7.1 where my two routers are connected through H.323, every routers have a one FXO & FXS prot . I have a question like zone 1 want to call ZONE 2 is that CUCM 7.1 act as a gatekeep...... becuase i have no gatekeper license on routers... Please give me a positive reply....

5 Replies 5

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hello

is there a WAN connection between CUCM and the other two routers?.

Give more details ( the location of CUCM and other two routers , if you have HQ or branch . Your CUCM will be your call control , not as gatekeeper . There is a big difference between CUCM and gatekeeper.

Thank you

please rate if this will help

Thanks islam.kamal..

I know the difference between  CUCM & gatekeeper ...  The system is call manager will register as a zone on gatekeeper .

But in my senarion.. all my brance are locally connected.. yup the two routers are my WAN part...  two zones are connected through  H.323 in my CUCM . CUCM users can call on two zones....Which is centrall location.... My concern area is that Zone 1 direct call on zone 2.... Via centrall CUCM.

Hi

please confirm , so you have CUCM and two gateways (WAN connection) .Can you tell if the two branches branches phones registeres locally to theri routers or registered through CUCM . Finally question your gateways support SRST?.

Thank you

please rate if this will help

well at this time no IP phone are using in my branch office ..only analog phones ( FXS/FXO) are use .

Thanks,

Avijit

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi

Just to tell you that.. Gatekeeper feature in Cisco is IOS feature and not a CUCM feature.

Regards
Ronak Patel

Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.