cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.x Route Pattern Questions

jose cortes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm new in CUCM and i'm working on my lab with the CUCM 7.x Business Edition on VMWare and the Cisco IP Communicator by now. I have configure a ISR2821 as a MGCP Gateway (which also has a VIC2-4FXO card).

Right now I'm defining the route patter to do calls from my PC to outside the PSTN.

My IP Communicator has configured two lines 1000 and 1001. When I try to call the 1001 from the 1000 the soft-phone starts to ring immediately. This happens without configure the route patterns.

Once I configure a route pattern (i.e: !) all the calls, internal and out the PSTN has the T302 timer delay (for my case is set at 5000ms). So if I want to call the 1001 from the 1000 I have to wait 5 seconds to receive the Ring-in at the 1001 line. The same for the calls made out the PSTN.

Later I add the # symbol in the route patter  (i.e: !#) to get the call routed immediately I press the # symbol without the need to wait the T302 timer to finish, but the result was the same.

So, I have tow questions:

1. Why does the internal calls have a delay (T302) when I configure a Route Pattern? It does not suppose to work the same with or without the route pattern, at last, are internal calls.

2. I have understood that the '#' symbol works marking the end of the number dialed, and this was usefull in the case I don´t want to wait for the T302 timer to finish. How does this wildcard actually work??

Thanks and Regards

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

They have delay because you have both ! and 1001 as options. Since ! is an option, the system will wait for the IDT to expire.

You should only use ! for international calls and it should be 9.011!. Not just ! as a pattern.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate