Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.x with WAN Optimization - Riverbed

Raymond Choi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Just wondering what people's thoughts are with using WAN Optimiation (such as Riverbed, Steelhead) with CUCM clustered across the WAN. I cant find any solid information stating to use it or not to use it with CUCM data between the servers in the cluster.

Could be experiencing some issues where the SDL link goes OOS due to this.

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

We have seen multiple issues at TAC with WAN optimization. In our experience WAN accelarators will cause the SDL links to go in and out of service and behave erratically. There's really no good point, to try to accelerate SDL links.

I think you can create exceptions not to have SDL traffic been analyzed by the WAN optimizer, and just passthrough without optimization.

Robert,

Do you have, or can you direct me to any documentation on this issue?  We've been working through an upgrade and I believe we've run into this exact problem.  We're using Riverbed appliances and the SDL link keeps failing when we go to build out new Subscriber.

Our plan is to go ahead an implement bypass rules, but it would be nice to know that we're actually going down the right track and that we're not chasing ghost issues.

Thanks!