Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9.0 Licensing

etamminga
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

We just installed a CUCM 9.0 cluster and loaded 100 CUWL Professional licenses. Now, with only 60 users connected (at the moment), CUCM is complaining about not enough licenses. Who can explain to me what needs to be configured to make best use of the licenses, because 100 CUWL Pro should be enough for 60 users..!

I already found out that we need to assign owners to the devices to have multiple devices use a single user license.... But what else needs to be done? I can't seem to find the correct documentation for this.

What we have configured, for 60 users:

- Device Profile (extension mobility)

- CSF device (Jabber for Windows Softphone)

- TCT device (Jabber for iPhone Softphone)

- Remote Destination Profile (Mobility, SNR)

- (for some users, TAB device (Jabber for iPad)

We have approx. 50 hard phones (794x).

My problem is with the phones, they seem to consume a license. We use EM extensively. None of the phones is actually configured for a user. They all are configured for EM and they only permit users to dial 112 (911) when no user is logged in. We log-out users to prevent toll-fraud during out-of-office hours.

Regards,

Erik

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

5 Replies 5

s.angelmahr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

did you resolve this?

I'm hitting the same Issue:

- installed 368 Enhanced licenses. This get sucked up by the 9951 phones.

- installed 220 EM users by now, yelling for 220 Essential lics i don't have.

Any one can give me a hint?

Thanks,

Sven

Hi,

Assign the phones to your users (Owner-ID). And assign the EM-Profile to our users (Owner-ID). This will tie them together and consume less licenses.

Or, upgrade to 9.1.1a which is supposed to not require a license for a user; Back to Device Licenses ;(

Regards,

Erik

Hi Erik,

A Owner-ID is not supported for devices with activated EM. So i suppose i have to update.

Thanks!

Sven

Hi,

Yes, that is true. But you can disable EM on the Phone, set the Owner-ID on the phone and then re-enable EM on the phone. The Owner-ID is retained after enabling EM on the phone.

Upgrading to 9.1.1a is always an option.

Regards,

Erik Tamminga

And that works? Thanks! I'll try that.

Regards

Sven

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: